Need car insurance? Where is the best possible place to find the cheapest deal without wasting time? The answer is the Internet. By comparing different insurance companies online will not only save you time, but will aid you in finding the best car insurance to suit your needs.
Is it possible to purchase car insurance online? Most folks are used to purchasing their car insurance by paging through the Yellow pages and calling local insurance agencies. When you call a local agency they usually request a copy of your current coverage in order to give you an accurate comparison as well as proper advice. The telephonic questionnaires take a lot of your time, and may also be inaccurate.
There is a simpler way to receive an accurate car insurance quote which takes up less time and this may be done by going online. The online quoting system will require you to post all pertinent insurance information to give you an accurate quote. You do more of the work but you are better informed when you complete the process.
Before finding an online quote, the following information can be gathered to save time on filling in the Car Insurance quotation form:
- Expiration Date – The expiration date is critical because it proves that your insurance has not expired and that will qualify you for a preferred rate with most companies. If your insurance has expired then you may be underwritten into a substandard carrier which will lead to higher rates.
- Driver Information – All resident relatives that have a driver’s license need to be rated on the policy. You will need to enter the name, date of birth, and driver’s license number.
- Driving Record – Accidents and violations need to be disclosed to pre-qualify you for the insurance. This needs to be accurate because insurance companies will find out about your driving record anyway. They check motor vehicle reports from your province as well as your prior carrier. The cleaner your driving record, the lower your premiums will be as statistically you are at lower risk to cause an accident.
- Vehicle Information – You will have to list each vehicle that you want covered on the policy. You will need the vehicle identification number for each vehicle. That number will give the insurance company the pertinent information that it needs to discount the vehicle for air bags, anti-lock brakes and other safety features.
- Current Coverage – Use your declarations page to list all of the coverage that you currently have on all vehicles. This will include liability limits, first party benefits and physical damage limits.
The Internet is a much simpler and time saving way in the hunt for the ideal insurance company. Not only is this approach more accurate in receiving quotations, the online offers are also cheaper, and thus save you a lot of money.